Throwback of the week: Dickie Riddim (Penthouse) 1993 (Requested)
The “Dickie Riddim” was produced by Donovan Germain for Penthouse Records in 1993.
It’s a very cheerful Dancehall riddim. It easily makes you feel like dancing along from start. Indeed, it’s quite typical of the 90’s, with its moderate tempo, driving bass line, and catchy slap bass lick.
It also includes various abstract samples that blend in perfectly, and make 90’s Dancehall music that irrational yet magical mix up that moves you.
The various-artist compilation features well renowned artists, such as Beres Hammond, Cutty Ranks, Buju Banton, Cutty Ranks, and more.
Do not hesitate to check it out, and leave a comment below if you like it.
Label: Penthouse Records
- Beres Hammond – No More Pain
- Buju Banton & Nadine Sutherland – Wicked Dickie
- Coco Man – El Marciano
- Cutty Ranks – Leave People Man
- Jigsy King – Gal A Fuss
- Macka Diamond – Black People Can Dress
- Peter Metro – X-Rated
- Spragga Benz – Jack It Up
- Terror Fabulous – No Retreat
- Terry Ganzie – Who So Ever May Come
- Tony Rebel – Guns And Ammunition
- Wayne Wonder – Missin You So Much