Volume 73/90: Greensleeves Rhythm Album #73 – World Jam
“Greensleeves Rhythm Album #73: World Jam” is the 73rd album of the Greensleeves Records‘ rhythm album series.
This volume, released in 2005, was produced by Frenchie & Fire House Crew for Maximum Sound in collaboration with Bad 2000 Music. It features Beenie Man, Luciano, Bounty Killer, Richie Spice, Vybz Kartel, Anthony B and more. You may click here to view the full track list.
A remake of the “World A Music Riddim”
Unlike most of the Greensleeves Rhythm Albums, this album is more Reggae-oriented . It is a remake of the “World A Music Riddim”, which was produced by the famous duo of producers Sly Dunbar & Robbie Shakespeare in 1983 for Taxi Records. Back then, the riddim had been made popular by Ini Kamoze’s track of the same name.
In 2004, a year before the release of “World Jam Rhythm”, Damian Marley unveiled the lead single of his debut album: “Welcome To Jamrock”. The latter was voiced on a relick of the “World A Music Riddim” which included a sample of Ini Kamoze‘s intro: “Out in the streets, they call it murder”.
Tribute to Ini Kamoze
Anthony B paid tribute to Ini Kamoze by covering “World A Music” in his own fashion and style. Indeed, it’s my favorite track and I suppose the riddim wouldn’t have been really complete without this joint. I must also point out that Ward 21‘s track “Worldwide Connection” is excellent.
Available on digital outlets
This is the 73rd installment of a long series of various-artist albums. So, make sure you get it if you don’t have it in your collection yet. Let us know what you think of it. Also watch out for other releases. Do not hesitate to share it on social media if you like it.
- Genre: Modern Roots
- Produced by:
- Label: Maximum Sound and Bad 2000 Music
- Distributed by: Greensleeves Records
- Release date: 2005
- Collection: Greensleeves Rhythm Album
Buy it / Stream it now
Other linksDownload (1)
- Bounty Killer – Poor People
- uciano – A No Like We No Like Them
- ybz Kartel – How We Ride
- aville – My Grade
- eenie Man – From Jamaica
- ichie Spice – All For A Cause
- nthony B – World A Reggae Music
- ukie D – Stand Up Firm
- ard 21 – Worldwide Connection
- ony Curtis – Bless Me
- hukki Star – Hard Fi Smile
- rilly Hamilton – Murderer
- uture Troubles – Too Much Blood A Run
- huck Fender – Jah Nah Sleep
- eneral Degree – Must Run Away
- ed Rat – Ghetto Youth Fi Rich
- aby G – In The Street
- Firehouse Crew – World Jam Rhythm